We have an opportunity for an Associate to join our Market Access and Strategy Consulting team to work closely with Managers, Partners and Principals, who lead the business development and delivery efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to assist the development of recommendations; exercise informed business acumen in identifying the correct strategy to client issues
- Lead in the creation of reports, presentations, and other client deliverables, under supervision
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and achievement of key milestones as per client requirements and internal quality standards.
- Lead the preparation and follow up of client meetings
- Engage with clients in team meetings,presentations and workshops
- Contribute to internal strategy sessions to develop project methodology and innovation techniques
- Conduct independent desk and primary research to specific projects using internal and external sources
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of therapeutic area strategies, disease areas, the P&R landscape, and reimbursement rules in the US and ex-US (e.g. major EU markets and Canada).
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of data sources and the broader real-world data landscape
- Support senior staff on specific business development initiatives, as required.
- Assist in the development of project proposals for clients
- Support discrete initiatives around Alira Health's full market access strategy in the US.
- Attend networking events such as relevant conferences and meetings.
Associates will usually be staffed on 1-3 projects in parallel to ensure a broad exposure and fast learning on a wide range of consulting activities.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Graduate with an excellent academic record in life sciences, economics/business, and/or experience in the health care industry; Postgraduate degree such as Masters, MPH, or Ph.D. in the area of Health Outcomes/Health Economics is preferred.
- Excellent business English (written and oral) - additional European non-English languages an advantage
- Demonstrable analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in health economics modeling and proficient with excel
- Prior expererience in clinical trial design is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and an ability to build credibility with external and internal contacts
- A commitment to high-quality work and an interest in rapid learning
- Commercial awareness/business judgment and an interest in the healthcare/life sciences industry
- Credible time management and organizational skills
- A self-starter who thrives in a client-focused, international and high-growth team environment
- Opportunity to progress your consulting career, increase responsibility and build expertise in established pricing and market access team with outstanding knowledge and client relationships
- An environment in which you can develop internal engagement - including line management and broader team management skills - in a collaborative, supportive framework
- Space and encouragement to own and shape client relationships to significantly contribute to new and broader business opportunities
- Opportunity to work closely with a leadership team drawn from industry executives
- Opportunity to support our clients in shaping product investment decisions that optimize pricing, reimbursement, and US market access
- Access to the broader Alira Health team of renowned experts in health economics, outcomes research, and strategy consulting that allow us to make compelling and actionable evidence recommendations
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 30 percent
- Current passport
- Normal office working conditions including frequent sitting, standing, bending, twisting and computer monitor use. Occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.