Wellmera, an Alira Health company, is looking to hire a Market Access Director / Associate Director to join its dynamic, high-performance, and multi-cultural team. As a Director / Associate Director within Wellmera, you will support the development of payer value deliverables and market access strategies for global and US pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients across a diverse portfolio, including respiratory, dermatology, oncology, neurology, diagnostics, etc.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills. They should possess sufficient technical skills to own and independently execute individual project tasks.
- Drive new business ideas and consolidate / expand the Wellmera health economics and market access client portfolio
- Identify and generate new sales leads. Research organizations and individuals to identify potential new leads and markets.
- Attend networking events such as relevant conferences and meetings.
- Build and manage the team and be involved with leadership decisions
- Ensure personal and professional development of all team members
Support the development and execution of payer value and market access strategies for pharmaceutical clients at a global or regional level.
- Develop global value dossiers, value stories, payer value propositions, objection handlers and advisory board briefing books.
- Identify evidence gaps in clinical data needed for optimal reimbursement and design appropriate strategies to generate payer-relevant data.
- Review country-specific health-technology-assessment (HTA) reports to identify payer needs and inform clinical trial development.
- Define the payer value proposition in line with the product/brand strategy.
- Translate payer value propositions into pricing and reimbursement (P&R) dossiers, considering the specificities of each individual market.
- Support the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
- Conduct primary payer research to anticipate payer needs.
- Conduct secondary research to identify and collect information on specific therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes.
- Engage with clients in team meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of therapeutic area strategies, disease areas, the P&R landscape, and reimbursement rules in the US and ex-US (e.g. major EU markets and Canada).
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and achievement of key milestones as per client requirements and Wellmera standards.
- At least seven years of experience within healthcare consultancy companies, pharmaceutical industry or health technology assessment (HTA) agencies in market access, pricing, and health economics-related projects or medical writing
- Advanced university degree in pharmacy, life sciences or health-economics, including specializations in market access, health economics, outcomes research, epidemiology, public health or related fields.
- Experience developing global value dossiers, value stories, payer value propositions, objection handlers and advisory board briefing books.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills (both internally and with clients).
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to draw payer-relevant strategic recommendations.
- Ability to understand and clearly convey complex clinical trial, economic, and commercial data.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to accommodate changing priorities and deliver high quality during tight timelines.
- Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English (any additional language would be beneficial).
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of health economics, market access, pricing and reimbursement and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. We also provide training and career development opportunities within Alira Health and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Alira Health has offices in the US (San Francisco, and Boston) and in Europe (Basel, Barcelona, Geneva, Milan, Munich, Paris).