Wellmera Inc. is looking to hire a Market Access Director to join its dynamic, high-performance, and multi-cultural team. As a Director within Wellmera Inc., you will support and lead the development of health economic deliverables and market access strategies for Global and US pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients across a diverse portfolio, including oncology, neurosciences, cardiovascular medicine, diagnostics, etc.
- Drive new business ideas and consolidate/expand the Wellmera health economics and market access client portfolio
- Identify and generate new sales leads. Research organizations and individuals to identify potential new leads and markets.
- Contact potential clients via email, phone, social media messaging, or at in-person events to establish a relationship and secure meetings.
- Pitch products and/or services directly to leads. Prepare and deliver sales presentations; Develop customized quotes and proposals.
- Build and manage the team and be involved with leadership decisions
- Ensure personal and professional development of all team members
- Identify strategic or implementation problems early and engage appropriate resources
Oversee the development and execution of the Market Access and HE&OR strategy for pharmaceutical clients at a global or regional level:
- Develop and review payer value propositions; implement propositions in pricing and reimbursement dossiers, considering the specificities of individual markets.
- Lead the development of global value dossiers and advisory board briefing reports and presentations across therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes.
- Translate the current and evolving requirements of international payers into strategic recommendations to support market access plans.
- Coordinate primary payer research to provide strategic recommendations into the clinical development plan in collaboration with team directors. And perform primary research necessary to accomplish specific goals.
- Define the payer value proposition in line with the product/brand strategy.
- Conduct cross-functional workshops and align with payers' value messaging work-streams.
- Lead the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
- Lead the design, development, conduct, and/or management HE&OR models of primary and secondary non-interventional studies and HE&OR models, plus appropriate communication and tools to support access decisions.
- Conduct secondary research to identify and collect information on specific therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of therapeutic area strategies, disease areas, the pricing, and reimbursement (P&R) landscape, and reimbursement rules in the US and ex-US (e.g., major EU markets and Canada).
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and achievement of key milestones as per client requirements and Wellmera standards.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or MSc) in health economics, health technology assessment (HTA) or market access
- In-depth experience within the pharmaceutical industry, HTA agencies, or healthcare consultancy companies
- At least eight years of other relevant experience.
- Strong process acumen/project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to accommodate changing priorities and deliver high quality during tight timelines.
- Effectively and proactively collaborate and communicate at all levels within the company.
- Positive attitude and collaborative working style for effective interaction and team mentoring in an international multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English (any additional language would be beneficial).
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of health economics, market access, pricing and reimbursement, and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. We also provide training and career development opportunities and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Wellmera has offices in the US (San Francisco, CA and Cambridge, MA) and Europe (Basel, Switzerland).
If you feel you have the skills and experience to add value to our team. Please forward your CV and a covering letter also stating your current or expected salary package.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the US.