We have an opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join our Market Access Consulting team to lead client engagements, develop new business, and support all aspects of developing the US market access practice.
The Senior Consultant is a strategic leader for client engagements, providing project leadership and domain expertise while utilizing his/her experience in design, proposal development, negotiation, and execution of compelling operational and technical strategies and business solutions to support client needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as Project Lead, supported by a team of Associates, Consultants and more senior colleagues, to drive execution across all project types e.g.
- For pipeline assets: Baseline payer landscape and market assessment; Comprehensive payer landscape and target product profile assessment (value and evidence planning)
- For launch and in-line products: Value proposition development; Payer positioning and value message testing; Payer negotiation and contracting workshops, value pack; affiliate workshops
- For upstream consulting activities such as identification of growth areas and developing corporate strategies.
- Assist in management of several large key client accounts for business development, and broader involvement in key account prioritization and overall strategy
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal processes and staff development, including line management and training
- Enable clients to pursue patient and payer-centric product development by championing the development and alignment of value proposition strategies with clinical, regulatory, medical affairs, and commercial/field teams
- Develop and refine content knowledge through involvement in our US Market Access Centre of Excellence and Thought Leadership program
- Depending on project, also provide input, drive deliverable for Global Market Access client teams, in collaboration with our European offices
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pricing, reimbursement and global market access either in a consultancy and/or industry (corporate-level) and highly engaged in expanding your knowledge.
- Postgraduate degree such as Masters, MPH, or Ph.D. in the area of Health Outcomes/Health Economics is preferred. Must have a degree within medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, economics or statistics.
- Experience/exposure to HEOR/RWE is a plus
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand customer challenges.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and sound judgment
- Experience in business development, including account management
- Line management experience or expertise with driving team processes/training, ideally
- Excellent business English (written and oral) - additional EU non-english languages an advantage
- Opportunity to progress your consulting career, increase responsibility and build expertise in established pricing and market access team with outstanding knowledge and client relationships.
- Environment in which you can develop internal engagement - including line management and broader team management skills - in a collaborative, supportive framework.
- Space and encouragement to own and shape client relationships to significantly contribute to new and broader business opportunities
- Opportunity to work closely with a leadership team drawn from industry executives.
- Opportunity to make a difference in supporting our clients in shaping product investment decisions that optimize pricing, reimbursement, and US market access.
- Access to the broader Alira Health team of renowned experts in health economics, outcomes research, and strategy consulting that allow us to make compelling and actionable evidence recommendations.
- Ability to manage one to two project teams of two to four people simultaneously
- Ability to mentor two or more direct reports, providing regular performance reviews, feedback, and professional development plans
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 30 percent
- Current passport
- Normal office working conditions including frequent sitting, standing, bending, twisting and computer monitor use. Occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.