Wellmera AG is looking to hire a Market Access Consultant to join its dynamic, high-performance, and multi-cultural team. As a Consultant within Wellmera, you will support the development of payer value deliverables and market access strategies for global and US pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients across a diverse portfolio, including respiratory, dermatology, neurology, diagnostics, etc.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills. They should possess sufficient technical skills to own and independently execute individual project tasks under the guidance of senior staff.
Support the development and execution of payer value and market access strategies for pharmaceutical clients at a global or regional level.
- Develop global value dossiers, value stories, payer value propositions, objection handlers and advisory board briefing books.
- Identify evidence gaps in clinical data needed for optimal reimbursement and design appropriate strategies to generate payer-relevant data.
- Review country-specific health-technology assessment (HTA) reports to identify payer needs and inform clinical trial development.
- Define the payer value proposition in line with the product/brand strategy.
- Translate payer value propositions into pricing and reimbursement (P&R) dossiers, considering the specificities of each individual market.
- Support the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
- Conduct primary payer research to anticipate payer needs.
- Conduct secondary research to identify and collect information on specific therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes.
- Engage with clients in team meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of therapeutic area strategies, disease areas, the P&R landscape, and reimbursement rules in the US and ex-US (e.g. major EU markets and Canada).
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and achievement of key milestones as per client requirements and Wellmera standards.
- Support senior staff on specific business development initiatives, as required.
- Attend networking events such as relevant conferences and meetings.
- At least one to two years of experience within healthcare consultancy companies, pharmaceutical industry or health technology assessment (HTA) agencies in market access, pricing, and health economics-related projects or medical writing
- Advanced university degree in pharmacy, life sciences or health-economics, including specializations in market access, health economics, outcomes research, epidemiology, public health or related fields.
- Experience developing global value dossiers, value stories, payer value propositions, objection handlers and advisory board briefing books.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills (both internally and with clients).
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to draw payer-relevant strategic recommendations.
- Ability to understand and clearly convey complex clinical trial, economic, and commercial
- Very good attention to detail.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to accommodate changing priorities and deliver high quality during tight timelines.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a project team on defined tasks
- Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English (any additional language would be beneficial).
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of market access, health-economics, pricing and reimbursement, and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. Wellmera are also committed to providing training and career development opportunities to all our staff. Wellmera has offices in Europe (Basel, Switzerland) and the US (San Francisco, CA and Cambridge, MA).