Wellmera AG, Basel, is looking to hire an Associate Director as part of its dynamic, high-performance, multi-cultural team to lead the development of pricing and market access strategies for pharmaceutical clients across a diverse portfolio covering oncology, neurosciences, cardiovascular medicine and immunology as well as diagnostics and vaccines.
- Advanced university degree with a pharmacy, life sciences or economic background, including a specialization in market access, health economics,epidemiology, public health or related fields.
- At least six years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, health technology assessment (HTA) agencies, or healthcare consultancy companies
- At least four years of specific experience in market access, pricing, and health economics-related projects, with potential to grow rapidly in a lead role
- Ability to anticipate the changing payer landscape by building and maintaining robust knowledge of key market trends
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deliver high quality during tight timelines
- Customer centricity and proactive collaboration for business development
- Team mentoring/coaching in an international multi-cultural setting
- Strong solution orientation
- Fluency in verbal and written business English and highly effective communication skills
- Drive new business ideas and consolidate / expand the Wellmera health economics and market access client portfolio
- Oversee the development and execution of the market access and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) strategy for pharmaceutical clients at a global or regional level
- Oversee the development of global value dossiers and advisory board briefing reports and presentations across therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes
- Review payer value propositions in pricing and reimbursement dossiers, considering the specificities of individual markets
- Translate the current and evolving requirements of the international payers, into strategic recommendations to support market access plans
- Lead cross-functional and mock payer negotiation workshops and align with payers’ value messaging work-streams
- Develop the modelling concept for a portfolio of products across therapeutic areas
- Review the adaptation of economic models for multiple countries across Europe and North America
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and achievement of key milestones as per client requirements and Wellmera standards
- Build and manage the team and be involved with leadership decisions
- Ensure personal and professional development of all team members
- Identify strategic or implementation problems early and engage appropriate resources
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of market access, health-economics, pricing and reimbursement, and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. Wellmera are also committed to providing training and career development opportunities to all our staff. Wellmera has offices in Europe (Basel, Switzerland) and the US (San Francisco, CA and Cambridge, MA).