Wellmera Inc. is looking to hire a HE&OR and Market Access Consultantto join its dynamic, high-performance, and multi-cultural team. As a Consultant within Wellmera Inc., you will support the development of health economic deliverables and market access strategies for Global and US pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients across a diverse portfolio, including oncology, neurosciences, cardiovascular medicine, diagnostics, etc. The ideal candidate should possess sufficient technical and communication skills to own and independently execute individual project tasks under the guidance of senior staff.
Support the development and execution of the market access and HE&OR strategy for pharmaceutical clients at a global or regional level.
- Develop global value dossiers and advisory board briefing books.
- Identify evidence gaps in clinical data needed for optimal reimbursement and design appropriate strategies to generate payer-relevant data.
- Review country-specific HTA reports to identify payer needs and inform clinical trial development.
- Define the payer value proposition in line with the product/brand strategy.
- Translate payer value propositions into pricing and reimbursement (P&R) dossiers, considering the specificities of each individual market.
- Conduct of primary payer research to anticipate payer needs.
- Assist in the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
- Assist in the design, development, conduct, and/or management of HE&OR models, secondary non-interventional studies, and appropriate communication and tools to support access decisions.
- Conduct secondary research to identify and collect information on specific therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes.
- Attend networking events such as relevant conferences and meetings.
- Perform research, summaries or preliminary slide decks for business development purposes.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of therapeutic area strategies, disease areas, the pricing and reimbursement (P&R) landscape, and reimbursement rules in the US and ex-US (e.g. major EU markets and Canada).
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and achievement of key milestones as per client requirements and Wellmera standards.
- Support senior staff on specific business initiatives, as required.
- Work independently and/or as part of a project team on defined tasks.
- Express initiative at all times in relation to exploring new and different project types.
- University degree with a pharmacy, life sciences or economic background, including a specialization in market access, health economics, outcomes research, epidemiology, public health or related fields.
- At least two years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, health technology assessment (HTA) agencies, or healthcare consultancy companies, OR
- At least one year of specific experience in market access, pricing, and health economics-related projects.
- Strong process acumen/project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to accommodate changing priorities and deliver high quality during tight timelines.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English (any additional language would be beneficial)
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of health economics, market access, pricing and reimbursement and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. We also provide training and career development opportunities and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Wellmera has offices in the US (San Francisco, CA and Cambridge, MA) and in Europe (Basel, Switzerland).